RateWatch recently released its fourth quarter 2008 report, which highlights the poor consumers in states with the greatest increase auto insurance rates. Believe it or not, during this recession premiums actually increased by 8% over the past year!
Highest auto insurance premium increases:
- Washington, D.C. auto insurance rates increased by 10.5% in Q4.
- Utah auto insurance rates followed close behind with a 10.2% increase.
- Colorado auto insurance rates saw a less severe, but still significant 6.1% increase.
- Delaware auto insurance rates went up by 5.6% in Vice President Joe Biden’s home state.
- Wyoming auto insurance rates increased by 5.5% in the fourth quarter.